Careers at Roots
Digital Marketing Assistant - FT position
Salary based on experience £21,000 - £24,000
To be considered for this role, you must send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Digital Marketing Assistant Vacancy Application'.
In the covering letter, please explain how your education, skills and experience make you a good fit for the role. Be sure to reference examples of how you meet the points in the job description. All interviews will be conducted via video conferencing. Applications close 15th May 2021.
Roots Plants is an online garden centre started by Alex and Ian, two long-time plant buyers. We want to create a connection between the great growers of the UK and it’s garden-loving citizens, bringing the earthy experience of a plant nursery to our customer’s online experience.
We’re a disruptive eCommerce company, based within the extremely fast-growing plants/gardening sector of online retail. With years of diverse marketing and eCommerce experience between our current team, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills in an exciting market. We take a hands-on approach to learning and given our tight-knit team of eight, you’ll be given responsibility from day 1 and have the opportunity to make a real difference with your ideas.
The role & responsibilities
We’re looking for a digital marketing assistant to support marketing activity across all digital channels; including paid, email, organic and website. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, able to support our team with driving acquisition channels and engaging Roots customers through timely and relevant marketing communications.
- Design, test, deliver and evaluate email marketing campaigns to drive customer engagement and sales
- CRM projects including customer analysis, segmentation of customer data, and setting up triggered/automated emails, acquisition and retention activities
- Support in the development and roll out of a new organic social media strategy
- Digital production - updating website content, categories and products
- SEO - Identifying and capitalising on search trends by suggesting new product edits. Updating onsite metadata and reporting on search performance.
- Digital PR - supporting influencer and outreach projects, helping Roots develop collaborations with other brands and charity projects and link-building.
- Work alongside Marketing Manager to build out and optimise Google Ads campaigns (Shopping, Text and Display) using Google Ads and product feed management system
- Optimisation of paid social advertising: campaign-focused and always-on activity - dynamic retargeting / DABA
Person specification: Skills & experience
- Experience within a digital, marketing or communications role
- Proficient with paid advertising platforms - Google Ads & Facebook Business Manager
- Experience using email marketing systems
- Previous use of a CMS
- Comfortable working with customer data, segmentation and marketing databases
- Ability to analyse data and apply analytics and audience insight using web analytics platforms and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with a well-developed ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Graphic design experience - use of Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with Bing Ads
- Experience with eCommerce platforms, e.g. Shopify
- Use of product feed management provider
The role will initially be based remotely, with occasional travel to nurseries and for team meetings/socials in Reading and London. For this reason, we are accepting candidates based in England only. Benefits include a competitive salary (£21-24K, based on experience), flexible hours, budget for skills development and a generous plant allowance for your garden!