- Broad, green spoon-shaped leaves
- Creamy textured greens ideal for stir-fries (tastes amazing with ginger, honey and soy sauce) and salads.
- Grows well at this time of year, when it is less prone to bolting.
- Easy to grow Chinese cabbage
- Can be harvested whole or used as a cut & come again for individual leaves
- Harvest November-December
- Plant in spring or autumn for both summer and winter harvests!
- Best time to plant
Not what you were looking for?
Know Your Plant
Height on arrival:
Time to first crop:
Good pest and disease resistance
Tatsoi is generally disease-free, but insects love its tender leaves. Cabbage worms and flea beetles can riddle the leaves in spring unless the plants are protected with row covers. The ground-hugging leaves are extremely attractive to slugs, so barriers such as grit or copper wire may be beneficial.MORE
Water the plants regularly to keep the ground constantly moist. If you are unsure, feel the soil with your hand. If it feels dry up to a fingernail deep then you can give the plant a watering. During winter the cold weather and rain should be enough to keep the plant watered most of the time. MOREMORE
Plant in a position where the plants will receive around 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day.MORE
Any fertile, well-draining soil
Provide a well-draining soil with a lot of compost or other organic matter mixed in. Tatsoi grows in soil with a pH from 6.07.5, with an ideal range of 6.57.0.MORE
Feeding not required
No feeding needed.MORE
Pruning not required
No pruning needed.MORE