- This tree makes a spectacular golden display!
- Sunny yellow spring foliage turns green in summer then reverts to yellow in autumn
- Fresh white blossoms appear in spring
- An absolute wildlife magnet, my Honeylocust brings all the bees to the yard.
- Fast growing and fully hardy
- Best time to plant
Not what you were looking for?
Know Your Plant
Height on arrival:
Time to first crop:
Excellent pest and disease resistance
Generally pest and disease free.MORE
A little watering when new
When newly planted, the tree would love a little watering at least once a month for the initial couple of months. Afterwards keep moist but well drained.MORE
Position where your tree will receive sunlight for more than 6 hours each day during the spring/summer.MORE
Fertile, well-drained soils
Loam, clay or sandy soil is perfect. You should also consider digging in some organic matter/ compost when planting to improve the soil.MORE
Feed in spring
Apply a general purpose fertiliser when growth starts in the spring - your tree would also benefit from a mulch at the same time.MORE
Trim annually from mid-late summer.MORE