- Grand and majestic English oak tree
- Very popular with wildlife as a habitat and food source
- Features deeply-lobed dark-green foliage in summer, which turns shades of bronze and reddish brown in autumn
- Once the leaves have fallen, this grand, wonderfully gnarled bare structure is left standing to catch the eye of anyone in its presence
- 'Quercus' roughly translates from Celtic to English meaning 'Fine Tree'!
- Pedunculate acorns adorn this fine tree
- Our potted trees are supplied in EcoPots™. Eco pots use 70% less plastic and are fully recyclable, unlike normal single use pots. They flex and so produce less root spiralling and travel better in the post.MORE
- Our trees are usually between 18 and 36 months old at the time of dispatch.
- Our trees are professionally pruned before dispatching. This formative pruning can involve cutting the main leader, if the expert tree growers decide this will produce a better shaped tree. This can stop the tree becoming "leggy", and promote stronger, bushier growth.MORE
- Best time to plant
Not what you were looking for?
Know Your Plant
Height on arrival:
Time to first crop:
High Pest/Disease resistance
Generally pest and disease resistantMORE
Water young trees regularly until roots are well established
Moist but well-drained soil
Suits any soil type that is moist but well-drainedMORE
Any pruning should be done when the tree is fully dormant, between autumn and early springMORE