- Among the oldest cultivated plants, going back 2000 years
- Introduced to Europe in the 1780s
- Originating from temperate regions in China and Japan, the tree is well suited to the British climate
- Produces countless apple-sized fruits when mature
- Attracts wildlife, such as birds
- Fruit needs to be left to ripen otherwise it will be very astringent
- Our potted trees are supplied in EcoPots™. Eco pots use 70% less plastic and are fully recyclable, unlike normal single use pots. They flex and so produce less root spiralling and travel better in the post.MORE
- Our trees are usually between 18 and 36 months old at the time of dispatch.
- Our trees are professionally pruned before dispatching. This formative pruning can involve cutting the main leader, if the expert tree growers decide this will produce a better shaped tree. This can stop the tree becoming "leggy", and promote stronger, bushier growth.MORE
- Best time to plant
Not what you were looking for?
Know Your Plant
Height on arrival:
Time to first crop:
Position in Full Sun (6h+)MORE
Prune lightly in early spring, removing dead and badly placed shoots