- The King is here to lavish you with the very best large,orange crab apples for your homemade jelly
- The fruit not only tastes good, but also looks amazing up to December
- Over the years, the tree will the amount of crop will increase, so you can choose between more colour or more jelly
- Come spring, its barks will be adorned by profusion of pale white flowers
- Jelly King grows to 4mx4m
- Proud holder of the RHS Award of Golden Merit
- Easy to maintain and hardy tree, thriving in all moist and well-drained soils
- Our potted trees are supplied in EcoPots™. Eco pots use 70% less plastic and are fully recyclable, unlike normal single use pots. They flex and so produce less root spiralling and travel better in the post.MORE
- Our trees are usually between 18 and 36 months old at the time of dispatch.
- Our trees are professionally pruned before dispatching. This formative pruning can involve cutting the main leader, if the expert tree growers decide this will produce a better shaped tree. This can stop the tree becoming "leggy", and promote stronger, bushier growth.MORE
- Best time to plant
Not what you were looking for?
Average Pest/ Disease Resistance
May need protection from aphids, woolly aphid, fruit tree red spider mite and caterpillars. It could also be affected by apple scab, apple cranker and powdery mildews. Be cautious of fire blight.MORE
A little watering when new.
When newly planted, the trees would love a little watering at least once a month for the initial couple of months. Afterwards keep moist but well drained.MORE
This crab apple tree loves full sun exposure or a sheltered locaton allowing all the nutrients to create blossom in your garden. When choosing a spot away from strong winds, it will allow all the resources to go towards growing the blossom and protection of its display.MORE
Happy in most soils
Those trees will flourish in moderately fertile,moist and well drained soil but for chalkMORE
Little or no pruning required
Crabapples create a well branched framework naturally, so little or no pruning is required.MORE
Know Your Plant
Height on arrival:
Time to first crop: