- A gorgeous glossy evergreen plant that's super hardy and thrives in pots, a cranberry plant will brighten up your garden all year long. Soft pink flowers in spring will attract pollinators, the bright red berries appear in July and August, and the autumn colour is worth the price of entry alone.
- Forget the dried up jar at the back of the cupboard from Christmas 2010, now you've got proper homemade cranberry sauce + festive bragging rights for life.
- Packed with vitamins K and C, cranberries are renowned for their antioxidant properties. Sprinkle on your granola, make them into a healthy juice and when you feel sufficiently virtuous, celebrate with a Sea Breeze cocktail.
- Don't worry if your cranberry crops like a beast - they're great for making into jam and they also freeze or dry well, so you can enjoy them all year round.
- Cranberries love an acidic soil, but if yours isn't, just plant them in pots of ericaceous compost or add plenty to the planting hole.